Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello New York!

Hello Bloggers!

I've worked with a shoe wholesaler and distributor for the last six years. Last year after graduating college, they offered me a full time job in Marketing and PR. It is a very exciting career with expanding possibilities.

For 5 of the last 6 years, I have been stuck doing all the grunt work. Every boring excel sheet, every photo edit, checking in cases in a 100 or 32 degree warehouse.....just short of having to clean the bathroom, if there was a shitty task to do I did it.

Now that I am in this new position, I create all the art work, regularly contact magazines and TRAVEL is even starting to be a possibility! I never knew what I wanted to do growing up. I wanted to be everything from a lawyer to a pirate (For Real). The only thing I KNEW I wanted to do was see the world. All of it. From big cities to riding a horse in Mongolia, I want to see every corner of the world. So in June when my boss told me I was going to New York (and on their dime) you can imagine how freaking ecstatic I was. I spent 4 days in the big apple getting a preview of ALL of the hottest shoes that will be gracing the feet of fashionable women around the world, and seeing the Upper East Side of Manhattan by night.






It was AMAZING.


I just found out I'm going to Vegas in a month. I'm sure this show will be really entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment