Friday, April 5, 2013

Getting Crafty

I've always been a crafty person. I've tried it all: Scrapbooking, knitting, sewing, painting, drawing.... Since I am super broke right now I've been racking my brain for some side jobs and hobbys that I can do to put a little extra  cash in my pocket. And I think I found the answer. Along with selling my Jamberry Nails (PLUG: Check out my website here---they are amazing!, www.amandabrown865.jamberrynails.com, but more on that later), I think I am going to start restoring furniture!

A while back, I ended up with my great grandmothers old dresser when she passed away. It wasn't in the best shape, but it served its purpose. One summer, I had enough with how it looked and decided to restore it myself. I had NO idea what I was getting myself into and it was A LOT more work than I thought it would be, but to see how great it looked after I finished, it felt like a great accomplishment. And to top it off, for about $50 I had a whole new dresser!


 Here is the before. As you can see it is a pretty gross yellow color with chips and missing knobs. This pic doesn't do it justice for how horrible of shape it was in. The top was nothing but paint chips and one of the sides was about to literally fall off at any second. (how cute is my niece by the way? I'm corrupting her already with the shoes LOL)

Here is the finished project. I am still on the look out for the perfect replacement knobs, but it looks so much better than it did before!


So my goal this summer is to find hidden little treasures with so much potential and make a little business for myself! I'm so excited to see how it goes.

I came across this little project today, and I think it will be my first resoration! 

Do you have any little side jobs to bring in extra cash?



No comments:

Post a Comment