Thursday, May 23, 2013

Safety Class

I have been riding a motorcycle for about 3 years and for the last 3 years, I have wanted to take a Motorcycle Safety Course. For my birthday, my dad and step-mom registered me to take the class.

Newbee and I both walked into the classroom feeling like confident riders, who had good knowledge on how to ride and were comfortable with the rules of the road.....We both left with our ego knocked down a notch.

The exercises we were asked to perform seemed simple enough. It turns out that as two self taught riders, we have developed quite a few bad habits.

Overall, I am thankful for the experience and feel like I am a more-aware rider. I would recommend that everyone take some sort of  riding class even as a refresher to keep your skills up to date.

An added bonus, since I am a member of a motorcycle rights organization, I get a refund from the state and my local, so the class was almost free!







This is what it felt like we were doing:

No comments:

Post a Comment